Traditionally our 8:30am service liturgy includes the love commands; ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ Jesus said: ‘This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself. When we gather weekly for these services we reflect on the ways we love God and others.
Our sermon series in 1 John gives us the same opportunity. John writes so much about love in these chapters. I hope you are finding it helpful to check in on how you are loving God, others and yourself at the moment? I am. Checking in regularly helps me see clearly that when we love God the most, we love others (and ourselves) the best!
This week I encourage you to take the time to read 1 John 4:7-21 each day. Perhaps read in a different translation each time, and read credible commentaries online. Learning more about God’s love and how we ought to show love to one another and ourselves matters utmost, as we have heard in previous weeks.
Immersing ourselves in God’s love, and taking on His love in the way we treat others will be important as we move toward re-opening with both vaxed services and unvaxed/unstated service options. Whether un-vaxed or vaxed, we are all loved by God and called to be loving toward all our brothers and sisters in attitude, word, and deed. Whether we choose to be vaccinated or not, we each remain part of the same body and play an integral part in God’s Kingdom purposes at CCD and beyond. So, whatever your stance, know you are welcome here and loved by God and us. I hope to see you in person in November.
We hope you will join us this Sunday on ZOOM as David Kranjec preaches on 1 John 4:7-21. The ZOOM link will be sent out on Friday, so keep an eye on your inbox.
The Church service to be held on October 10th will be on YOUTUBE.
Looking further ahead services will be held on:
October 17th – ZOOM
October 24 – ZOOM
October 31 – YOUTUBE
– Pray for our year 12 students, and those doing year 12 subjects.
– Pray for Steve Cooke’s job opportunity with AMES, helping Afgan’s arriving in Australia. He is still waiting to hear if his application was successful.
– For Afghanistan and refugees as you feel led.
– For Patrick G recovering from back surgery.
– Pray for miraculously quick recovery and reduced pain for Janet F following an operation on all her toes.
– Praise God Peg C has returned home after her Hip Operation & Rehab. God’s protection as she settles back home.
– For Dennis and Robyn B family as they grieve the loss of Deb. Thanks to all who have prayed with them and Deb in the battle. May God comfort them with His love and peace.
– For Monika grieving the loss of her mum, and all we know grieving the loss of loved ones.
– For those struggling financially.
– That more and more people will seek and find Christ during Covid, and that we, as Christ’s ambassadors, will be prepared to share our faith and the gospel openly to anyone who’s open to hearing.
– That we will truly love God the most and love one another and ourselves in life-giving ways.
– For God to guide us on the Pathway to reopening (with so many restrictions in place).
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DETAILS
Roanna is updating the data needed for Elvanto (our new church database) which includes the updated Parish Directory some of you are asking for. Please submit your details via email to admin directly for the form. Feel free to include your birthday so we can celebrate with you when it comes around. All children and youth’s birthdates are required. Note: If you have no children you still need to scroll right to the bottom of the page to press Submit.