This week in America they celebrated “Thanksgiving Day” which has its origins in the early settlers of the US who experienced poor harvests. It was formalised around the end of the American Civil War. What a wonderful practice to set aside one whole day each year to give thanks to God for their harvest and the good things they have.
In the Australian context where we have a different history and different growing seasons, it still makes sense for us to set time apart to celebrate the good things which God has blessed us with. May you take some time to give thanks to God today!
This Sunday, over Zoom, we will have a time of open sharing; so please come prepared to share a word of gratitude to God, which will also be an encouragement to others at the end of what has been a really tough year. After a time of open sharing, Rev Tanya will continue with this theme as she preaches from 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13, and also leans into the subject of Hope in the Lord’s second coming which we celebrate on this first Sunday in Advent 2021. Can you believe we are at Christmas already?
Whatever this year has been like for you, there’s still much to be grateful for. I hope you have time to read the Annual reports before the AGM on ZOOM this Sunday at 10:45am, which will follow the Church service. We hope to see you all there.
Followed by AGM at 10:45am
One tap mobile
Dial in: +61 3 7018 2005 Australia
|Click here to access:
– Pray for Steve cooke; for wisdom and guidance as they reach out to people, build friendships and share the love of Jesus, and minister among refugees in various ways.
– For love and unity in our Parish despite different opinions and vaccination statuses.
– That we will all choose to get on board with God’s mission in the world, and that God will use us to draw many others into loving relationship with Him.
– For the Vicarage renovations and funds needed.
– For everyone struggling at the moment with mental and/or physical health.
Please pray for Pat Balfe recovering from Surgery
– For all those struggling with finances, and those who’ve lost jobs recently… Pray for more job opportunities and God’s provision.
– Pray for your pastors, and that Tanya will have a restful time on leave (December 2-4).
Needed: pressure cookers, rice cooker, microwaves and laptops in very good condition for refugee’s who have nothing but the clothes on their backs.
HELPING AT CCD
Are you looking for ways to serve God and His people in/through the Church. Please consider being part of our maintenance or gardening teams, communion set-up team, welcoming team. Many hands make light work!
Thank you for being a valued part of our CCD community.
I hope to see you on ZOOM this Sunday at 9:30am then back on site next Sunday, 5th of December, for either our 9am vaccinated only service or 10:30am unstated service.
Blessings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,