CHRISTIANS AGAINST POVERTY (CAP)
On Sunday, October 24th, (next week) we will hear from a guest speaker; CAP Australia’s CEO, Rosie Kendall. Her sermon will focus on God’s call to love one another, and how this can look in action.
A CAP course will run at CCD on Thursday evenings; November 11 & 18, 2021. For more on the CAP course click here
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Our parish AGM will be held on ZOOM on November 28th, 2021 at 10:45am, straight after a 9.30am zoom service. Nominations for Parish Council, Churchwardens, and Incumbency Committee are now called for. You can access formsHERE. Please return the completed forms to Tanya.
Those who have joined us over the past year and have been habitually attending our online services, and consider CCD their church, are invited to fill in a printable Electoral Roll form to scan and return to firstname.lastname@example.org to become eligible to take full part as a voting member of the meeting. Revision of the Electoral Roll commences in the coming week.
Annual Reports will be emailed out two weeks before the meeting. Please request a printed copy from email@example.com if needed. You are encouraged to read thoroughly and raise any questions you have with the writer of the report or give prior notice to the office or Tanya of any general questions to enable considered responses to be given in the meeting.
OP SHOP AGM
The Op Shop AGM will be held on Monday 15th of November on-site at CCD. You are welcome to join us if you are interested in getting involved in this wonderful ministry.
SAMARITAN PURSE SHOEBOXES
Last year, over 1.3 million children made a decision to follow Christ after receiving a shoebox and choosing to participate in The Greatest Journey follow-up discipleship program!
If you would like to fill a shoebox this year to bless you can pick up a pre-printed one from Koorong or use a regular shoebox to fill with toys, school supplies and hygiene items for a child in a particular age group.
Rosemary Box is willing to drop filled shoeboxes off at Koorong before November 14. Speak to Rosemary for more information.
– For decisions being made at Synod this week and continue working towards equality of gender, and race/tribe. For all people to be seen as God see’s them.
– Please pray for Steve Cooke to find another part-time position as the one we were praying for with AMES has not come to fruition.
– For those we know recovering from operations, in rehab, in pain or unwell: Pat B, Janet F, Eunice A, Brandon.
– For love and unity in our Parish despite different opinions and vaccination statuses.
– For wisdom for Tanya and our leaders as we plan towards re-opening services on November 7th.
– For everyone struggling at the moment with mental health, finances, etc.