CCD Midweek News
Sunday Sermon Reading: James 2
1 My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?
8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Faith and Deeds
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
- Please join a prayer team to seek the will of the Lord Jesus for CCD.
- For any pastoral care needs, please contact Richard.
- We need volunteers for kids’ ministry in term two, please see Jessica if you would like to help. Diocesan clearances must be obtained before assisting with any children’s ministry at the church.
- We need a volunteer for the media and communications team in the 10:30am service to assist us with livestreaming the Sunday service. Please see Roy or Johan if you would like to volunteer.
- Please DO NOT put up any posters or ads for any events on the church walls without seeking clearance from Richard.
- CCD is looking for a bookkeeper to join the office team. This role is for 20 hours per week. For job description and further details please the wardens.
- CCD has vacancy for admin person to join the office team. This is for 16 hours per week. For further details please contact the wardens.
- CCD has vacancy for a youth and family worker to join the ministry team. This role is for 14 hours per week. Please see Richard if you are interested in this role.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the Roundabout Op Shop will be closed until Saturday 30th April. We apologise for any inconvenience & look forward to seeing you again on 30/4/22 and our regular trading days thereafter (Julie Carne)
Please note, all donations to the OP-Shop must be brought directly to the OP-Shop. Donations are not to be left in the Auditorium or the Attenborough Hall for OP-Shop volunteers to collect. Please see Rosemary Box if you need any further information.
Kids ministry will resume after the school holidays.
Wednesday Prayer Meeting 12-1pm in the Heritage Church
Thursday Prayer Meeting 6:30-8:30pm in the Auditorium
Friday Youth Fellowship 7pm in the Auditorium.
Saturday Prayer Meeting 8-9am in the Atrium
Sunday 9am Service in the Heritage Church
Sunday 10:30am in the Auditorium with Kids church.
For Connect group gatherings information please email:
Howard Carne email@example.com.
Pleasant Tuesday Holy Communion service in the Heritage church at 2pm every second Tuesday of the month.
Waiting Prayer every 1st Wednesday of the month from 12-2pm in the Heritage Church.