The first message I need to bring you this week is a sad one. On Monday our beloved brother in Christ, John, peacefully went home to be with our Lord. He will be missed deeply and remembered fondly. There will be a private cremation, and later when restrictions ease, we will hold a special memorial service which you may attend. Meantime, please continue to pray for Jan and John’s children especially.
THIS COMING SUNDAY
This Sunday we are back on site at CCD. Reverend Tanya will bring the message from Revelation 2:18-29; the letter to the Church in Thyatira. Come along to hear what Jesus had to say to that Church and to ours. Both the 8:30am and 10:30am services will be held in the Auditorium to hold 51 people at each with overflow in the Atrium and Foyer area’s.
Please pre-register here: https://rsvp.church/r/
We also need volunteers to help & ensure everyone uses QR codes upon entry. Please consider serving our community in this way on a roster basis. You get to meet heaps of great people this way! 🙂
During the 10:30am service, Baden will be running a Childrens program.
For those children unable to attend, here’s an activity booklet to do at home: Booklet And a program to watch https://www.life.church/
Lord Jesus, give us the grace to hear your voice, And the strength to continue working for your kingdom in this time of pandemic. Help us to show loving support to those who are saddened by the loss of a loved one, or who suffer from the absence of work. Give us the courage to accompany and side with those who are facing such hard times, and with those who suffer violence or injustice. Amen.
- Please continue to uphold Jan and Family, after the passing of dear John.
- Pray for Mecka in Tanzania who lost two close relatives this week, & for others we know grieving losses.
- For those going through separation and divorce
- For those struggling financially
- For students returning to school again
- For all of us adapting to constant change
- Pray for those lonely, shut in, depressed or anxious.
- Pray God will strengthen our church community despite Covid disruptions to our meeting together.
- Praise God we can meet together this Sunday.
- Praise God for new connect groups starting up soon,
- ……. & pray to discern which connect group you might join
- Pray for the kids’ hope program as we train up and prepare some of our mentors this week
- Pray for the Christian witness of all our people toward all those who enter our premises during the week and on Sunday’s.
- Pray too for our Christ-like witness as we go about our lives in the wider community and in work places.
- Praise God for Alan getting a room at Lexington Gardens.
- Praise God for who He is, and give thanks to him in all circumstances. Thank him for 3 things everyday!
- August 10th; Pleasant Tuesday at 2pm.
- August 21st; Professional Standards Seminar for all serving at CCD.
- August 29th; CAP Money guest speaker, with CAP course running on September 9 & 16.
- September 19th; Church Anniversary.
Would you like to be part of the planning committee?
- December 24th; Family Christmas Service. Would you like to join the planning team?
Please speak to Rev. Tanya about any role’s you’d like to serve in. We love to see all God’s people actively participating together as the body of Christ.
Remember God is with us and for us. He has promised “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.” Almighty God, is our protector, let us trust him to carry us through these constant changes and challenging times. May He fill each one of us with the joy, hope and peace which He has promised as we set our hearts and minds on Him.
Tanya, Baden, and Alex